App Store Optimization
This is a similar concept as SEO. Search Engine Optimization improves the web page ranking in search results. Similarly, ASO techniques will get your app climb the app store search results. This is the only way you can stay visible to your potential client. Visibility transforms into traffic on the app’s page in the app store. A visit to the app page will have maximum chances of using free trial run and ultimately downloading the app.
ASO can be aptly termed as the crucial part of the mobile app marketing strategy. With more than 5 million apps in the Google and Apple’s Play store, and over 3 billion smart phone users around the world, it can be an intimidating idea for you to get your App noticed. Majority of apps are discovered through a search, so being able to market your app so that it DOES appear higher in those search results is the only chance of getting noticed. How do we do that? App Store Optimization is your answer.
How Does ASO work?
- A title with powerful keywords improves search ranking for an app. Apple App Store and Google Play both have different criterions for titles. For best ASO results, you need to put the most important keywords in title description a number of times. ASO experts will guide you to do this without keyword stuffing. Also, look at trending apps to get an idea where the flow is.
- Describing the app well enough so that you are able to close the deal with your app page visitor is an important part of ASO. Be succinct and persuasive in your approach.
- Adding screen shots and app preview videos will make the app decorative and interesting. Longer time spent on the app increases chances of download.
- App Icon design also plays a vital role. A single image makes an impression about what the app does and how much worth your while it is.
- And lastly encouraging positive reviews and using App store analytics will mostly get you sorted.